“Oh come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
For the Lord is a great God,
and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth;
the heights of the mountains are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
For he is our God,
and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.”
The primary focus of choir, or worship music, here at Olympia Chinese Christian Church is to lead people to a God-centered worship. We believe God alone is worthy of our worship and praise (Psalm 148:13). The Scripture tells us that anything short of God-centered worship is idolatry (Jeremiah 2:13), and it also tells us that false worship is unacceptable (Deuteronomy 12:29-31; Deuteronomy 16:21-22, Galatians 5:19-21). Therefore, It is our goal:
- To bring glory to God through music
- To convey the majesty, glory, and honor of God through music (Hebrews 10:31, Romans 11:33-36)
- To convey scriptural truth to the entire congregation through music (Ephesians 5:19-20)
- To edify one and another (I Corinthians 14:26, Ephesians 5:19-20)
- To adorn the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Titus 2:10)
- To promote a lively and passionate worship to God (Revelation 4 and Revelation 5)
- To prepare the congregation for the preaching of God’s Word (Colossians 3:16-17)